One of the major issues with content in India is the idea that we compare and compete with the US. Make-up, beauty, fashion, fitness etc etc. We have bloggers who aren’t able to capture a market because its all so saturated. Under the guise of “following passion”, people enter this industry and aren’t able to corner a strong demand from the public. While most people wonder – “who follows these people”, a handful of them actually make millions. There are hundreds of people who offer success steps and few that preach the right things to people. So here’s what we need –
- Corner a niche market; make it grow – Have you and your voice reach out to millions but start small from a hundred true fans. If a hundred people love your work then you’ve got it. You can make a lot of money if you’re the sole provider for a hundred very specific people. The whole world can accommodate a million bloggers, but they each would need to be unique and appeal to a very small and specific demographic.
- Don’t follow the crowd – Stop wrecking yourself by being another thing that comes n goes. There’s one Justin Beiber, but theres a million Justin Beibers for XYZ (Pop, Grunge, Hip Hop, Fashion, etc).
- Don’t build a brand; build a following
- Don’t take risks; and you will die – Taking risks is the most important thing to grow in your business and in content
- Talk to your audience – Follow them, talk to them and be friends with your fans because they need you to be.
Heaps of people want what’s best for you, just give it to them.
It takes years to build a sizeable audience, and it will happen if you keep at it.